To visit someone at Rosie’s jail, the only women's facility on Rikers Island, take into consideration the key information and details below.
Address: 19-19 Hazen Street, East Elmhurst, NY 11370
Contact number: (718)-546-7420
When to visit:
Beginning May 10, 2023, the following important changes will be in effect:
- In-person visits will operate on a walk-in basis only. Pre-registration will no longer be available for in-person visits.
- In-person visits will operate on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays. To have an in-person visit, you must arrive at Rikers Island Central Visits or VCBC during the registration hours below:
- Wednesday and Thursday registration hours: 2:00pm – 6:00pm
- Saturday and Sunday registration hours: 8:00am – 12:00pm
- Visitors must arrive during registration hours to be processed for a visit.
- Televisits will operate on Fridays.
- The visit schedule based on the first letter of the incarcerated individual’s last name remains in place. Visitors should check the visitation schedule to be sure their friend or family member is eligible for a visit on a specific day. Please visit the Visit Schedule page for more information.
Please see the In-Person Visit webpage for more information.Requirements to visit:
- All visitors who are over 16 are required to present a valid photo ID that also contains a signature. Acceptable forms of identification are a current valid driver's license, employment ID that includes a photo and signature, a state identification card, a passport, U.S. Military ID, or resident alien/permanent resident card issues by the United States Department of Justice.
- All minors must be accompanied by an adult. If the minor is under 16 years old they will not be required to provide identification.
- All visitors must pass through a metal detector and may be searched upon entering into the visitation area.
- All visitors are required to follow a strict dress code. Failure to follow the dress code will result in a denial of visitation. To view information about the dress code, click here.
How to send mail to someone at Rose M. Singer Center:
- Incarcerated person's name, ID Number
Rose M. Singer Center
19-19 Hazen Street
East Elmhurst, NY 11370
Rose M. Singer Center Inmate Search: